Bash this: Hurt Me

Hey guys! I see a thread about how this forum is kind of “RIP” at this point? Sorry I stopped coming around; I guess I got into different sorts of music and life and yada yada.

Just finished this song, and I thought you guys might enjoy it. I’m going to release it probably tomorrow, so if you have any feedback for the mix/master please let me know! In general I’m proud of the progress I’ve made and excited to keep making more music. :slight_smile:

Side note: Neutron Sculptor is a life saver.

Edit: just released. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have gone so far as to say the forum is ‘dead’. Looks to me like it definitely does still has value to its members, and people continue to invest time in it, though I totally get where people feel like it struggles there and there.

Good to see you back! I miss listening to your material. I’m not infront of a great set of monitors, but I really like the song. The guitar is bulky in the lows, but I think that’s good because it’s taking up space where a kick/bass/cello would normally live. I like the different textures of the vocal lines, and the other instruments coming in at the half way point is a very nice addition to the production.

The only thing that jumped out (to me) that might be worth looking at is that the reverse cymbal two minutes into the song was the cymbal… the top the crescendo and decay that feel a smidge out of time.

Again, great to see you back!

1 Like

Thanks Jonathan! I will check on that cymbal. I also notice a few more words out of tune that I need to fix. (I didn’t tune all the vocals because some out-of-tune parts made the stacks sound more full/emotional. So I kind of have to do it more by ear!)

Very nice. It is full of great melodies with a focused message. I really like the treatment on the background vocals, and how they weave throughout the song. I didn’t hear anything in my first listen that would keep me from releasing it as is. Good job!

1 Like

Excellent production - really well done! I really enjoy the vulnerability brought by the so-called “imperfections”… that’s what makes it human - keep ‘em, I say.

1 Like

It’s modern. I just had my 16 year old granddaughter listen to this and she said “wow gramps, this is hot…sounds like the stuff I sing” So there you have it. It is in fact awesome and never doubt your vocal appeal again.

2 Likes

Thanks guys!!

Yeah same; there can be a fine line between mistakes that take someone out of the experience, and the ones that add to it. I was just saying this to my wife yesterday when we were watching an exercise video that we like. There are some total flubs that the instructor makes, and we know them by heart, and they make the experience so much more fun than if it were perfect.

Awesome!! :smiley:

really lovely. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Cristina,
Sounds very good! I can easily picture this being on a TV show. Nice vocals! Nothing to gripe about, except for perhaps some unintentional background noise at the very end? Should be easy to fix. Or maybe it was intentional. Hope you don’t get hurt.

1 Like