Bash request emphasis on drum machine drums

I had stated this problem I had trying to get a cakewalk drum program to work in Studio one. I recorded this song three years ago and finally decided to get some drums to work with it I fudged it by using some guesswork and at least got some drums to work. I just hooked it up to my interface. (Boss DR770) My question is how do these drums sound? I know they aren’t the quality of EZ and the fills are just not there. ha ha
Also I have an alien type bridge where I contorted my voice to fill up some space at 2:16 Looking for some lyrics there. ha ha

Sincerely

Paul

1 Like

I like the drum sound you have from 1:55-2:10 better than the rest of it. You can hear the kick more and the snare is toned down and less “splatty” and less reverb/echo or whatever. That snare being too splatty and not hearing enough kick drum are main complaints in the drum sound except that one section. Just toning down the splatty snare a bit and bringing up the kick would help, while keeping the main drums a bit different than the special section.

It sounds cool, almost a Brian Johnson (AC/DC) sounding voice. I like whatever “freaky sauce” you are using to get you in the mood to do stuff like that. :beerbanger: It kind of reminds me of the last 2 songs you posted with “hardcore” sounding vocals. I think that works well for you. I like your regular voice too, it’s very melodic and … pretty. Sometimes it seems a bit too pretty when you are doing rock stuff, so that’s why I’m liking this new direction with distorting your voice.

Hi Stan First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to listen and type this very helpful reply. I won’t get myself in this mess again. ha ha I totally changed the snare and kick out for something with (I think) a better sound. I had to copy and paste a lot, but with the original kick/snare beat, I was able to stretch the track out and place them accurately. When I isolated the the track on this take, I could barely even hear there was a kick in there and yes that snare was nasty. (like you pointed out)
I also EQ’d the 100 ish area and brought that up a bit. Not sure if that is proper, but it seemed to have more punch and still not overshadow other instruments.
Glad you liked that bridge area with that crazy vocal. I recorded it with that edge and then used a studio one plugin called ampire. It’s kinda like an overdriven tube amp kinda thing. When I played it back, I thought it was kinda cool. I will usually do that to find some notes and then play over it with the guitar, but this time just left it, I still have to figure out what to say there. I put up the new one. thanks much, and if there is anything I can to for you, just holler…ha ha

Sincerely

Paul