If anyone is subscribed to Nail The Mix/URM this is in their “portfolio approved” multitracks.
- Non-clean guitars were all reamped with a mic’d cabinet… I haven’t done that in a while so any commentary on that would be lovely.
- Really dig the bass tone I got… did the now standard method of splitting into two tracks: subs and amp track… always concerned my subs are a bit heavy though
- Struggled a bit with the overheads, found them to be a little crunchy so it was tough to get them to sound how I like them.
- Kick I think needs to be automated… pokes out a bit too much in spots. This genre tends to have obnoxious kicks and snares though.
- Vocal levels are automated some, might need more
Bash away… I’ll come back to this probably next week with fresh ears.