Are ya just lookin or did you come shoppin...pick at it please

Up for attack my third only try at country. Same premise …first sight…boy fright etc

Wondering if the story is ok and especially the hammy chorus.

Are ya just lookin

I think I caught yur eye…. I’d like to say hello E
Not sure of my …move ….afraid that you might go E
I am not at all prepared …put my self upon a dare A
I think it’s time for me to roll E
Could this possibly be fate… I am frozen I can’t wait B
I feel my feet walkin towards you slow E

Are ya just lookin …or did ya come shoppin A
You smiled at me it might be a… good …start E
Are ya just lookin or did ya come shoppin A
I’d surely like to ride in your cart B

I’m gittin pretty close…. I’m tryin to read yur face E
Flip flop my belly… my heart all over the place E
tryin hard to keep my cool …don’t wanna break no romance rule A
I crossed my fingers just in case E
She’s waitin on a word from me… I’m so nervous I could pee B
“Hi” …. is what its gonna be E

Everything was goin good…got my courage new I would B
She whipped around I might a said Hi……
Checked me out up and down…circle me round and round
all she said was my… oh… my I finally said…

1 Like

Personally this feels a lot more blues than it does country, but maybe a blend of the 2.
I like the theme, it’s an age-old tale of the power of a woman over the hapless guy, and something I’m sure every male on Earth when he gets to that point in his life could relate to.
I’d like to hear a slightly grittier version, slowed down somewhat, absent the cheesy pentatonic guitar licks and just with a whole lot more swagger and dirt.
Also the word ‘pee’ has no business in a blues/country rock tune.
Good stuff Paul as always.

2 Likes

[quote=“terryhesticles, post:2, topic:6621”]
I’d like to hear a slightly grittier version, slowed down somewhat, absent the cheesy pentatonic guitar licks and just with a whole lot more swagger and dirt.

Hi Terry. It’s funny that you mentioned bpm’s. I had it set up at 110 and then bumped it up to 120 because I thought it was draggin a bit.
The liks are cheesy because I can’t play lead much, but can certainly give it more dirt. Especially with a couple of beers.
Going to meet with a carpal tunnel surgeon tomorrow. Both hand are almost completely numb after on this little typing.
Thanks for your visit and help once again. the song means nothing really but just something to putz with…peace

2 Likes

Haha! Funniest comment :joy:

Funniest line in your songs ever :joy:

I think the tempo works, but really like the idea of a slightly slower grittier version sung with some swagger.

And feel well, good luck with that carpal tunnel issue, no fun!

1 Like

Hey Fly :0 Surely not a good song, but what the heck. I have no allusion of grandeur and never had. The word pee was the only thing that matched my search at Rhymezone when the lyrics stalled.
They told me today the insurance companies won’t just do the surgery, you must try injections. Well tonight I was playing guitar and typing with no numbness.
I was pleased until at midnight i woke up to a full body sweat and heart pounding.
My normal hear rate is 50 at night and blood pressure is always around 100. the rate was 155 and the peressure was 160. I am sitting in the chair now and i has gone down about half way to normal. I will most likely stay sitting all night and call in the morning. I must have an allergy to the steroids. crap happens thanks for your comments

That’s not good. If that happens again, or you develop other symptoms I’d head to the ER. Take care of yourself and don’t ignore changes like that!

Feeling any better?

Hi Fly the guy. Deff better but not good. I have a new thing called tachycardia. It is a very fast heart beat that makes one ill. I have a pacemaker because my heart goes under forty and stops. It has happened many times and stopped completely for 11 and 17 seconds. they are torn on what to do because I have both extremes. A freakin mess but I am still a happy and thankful dude.
I hung up that last song. it just sucked. Started a rocker this morning. Much more fun than the sap I have been putting out there. thanks for thinking of me…take care

1 Like

I hope:

1. They get that figured out for you.
  2. You check your heart rate, then take that bpm and set it for the tempo of your rock song.
  3. You name the song Tachycardia.

Also: Your last song didn’t suck, but Tachycardia will be in a whole new stratosphere. And I’d be happy to throw some real drums on there for you.

[quote=“flyguitarfish, post:9, topic:6621”]

1. You check your heart rate, then take that bpm and set it for the tempo of your rock song.
  2. You name the song Tachycardia.

Also: Your last song didn’t suck, but Tachycardia will be in a whole new stratosphere. And I’d be happy to throw some real drums on there for you.
[/quote]Ha ha very clever. Actually tachycardia has a nice ring to it.
Enough medical I said to my wife as we were walking into our annual eye exam.
they found cholesterol plaque on one eye and now my corroded arteries have to be checked. Welcome to old age Feaker. Whatever.
i am going to try your crazy idea and I bet my present mood will change.
You are a Hughe bonus to this forum. I hope this place doesn’t go down. stay cool

1 Like

feaker,
Sounds more like rock than country to me, but that doesn’t matter. It (sounds like classic 70’s rock to me) all sounds very good to me!

1 Like