Finished a first-pass of this. Not sure when I’ll get back to it so I figured I’d post for you fine people to beat it up.
A little background for the nerds in the audience… as usual not recorded by me or for a client. Band is Binary Code and the song is called “707”. I re-amped all the guitars and bass… because I could! Guitars are a blend of the new Neural DSP Omega plugin, and the direct out of my Klirrton Grindstein pedal (sent into an IR in Cubase). The Omega is nice and metal-y, and the Grindstein adds a bit of the glorious old-school chainsaw death metal tone. The clean and lead guitars at the end are through the Neural DSP Plini plugin. For the bass, I’m running 4 tracks, the DI which is providing the sub content, a track run through a Darkglass B7K which is blended with a track run through a Brainworx Ampeg sim for some anger, and a 4th track through a different Ampeg sim for the “Clean” section. Plenty of delays automated in and out to try and make it move a bit on top of the jackhammer drums. Ran one of the vocal tracks through a Caroline Kilobyte pedal… it’s got this super cool regeneration function that drives the delay out of control and sounds pretty fun!
I’m experimenting with clipping the master bus… never done it before, so I figured I’d give it a shot. Found this really cool clipper that also saturates/distorts a bit and thought it sounded pretty rad. The flip side being it’s one of the least dynamic mixes I’ve ever done, but it actually kinda suits it I think.