Ain't No Sunshine, Bill Withers 1971

“Ain’t No Sunshine” is a song by Bill Withers from his 1971 album Just As I Am, produced by Booker T. Jones. The record featured musicians Donald “Duck” Dunn on bass guitar, Al Jackson Jr. on drums and Stephen Stills on guitar.

Keep the people that keep the warmth of love close to your hearts and minds!!! Always choose love!!!

May the blessings of Peace, Hope and Love fill your New Year 2023!!!

Feedback is much appreciated. Thank you.

3 Likes

Rene - Great cover as usual.

Thanks.

1 Like

I didn’t know Stephen Stills played on this. Another song I remember from the radio back in the 70’s. Your version is full of soul and emotion, as usual. It feels like a sad song in many ways, but I think there is also a hopefulness in there that the ‘Sunshine’ will return and all will be well. Your guitar played rather gently and softly complements the bittersweet emotions. Great ‘scat’ work again, right about in the middle of the song!

I missed the Hawaiian shirt. But I guess those aren’t worn when there’s no sunshine. :slightly_smiling_face:

Rene,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your recording: I didn’t recognize the song title, but I sure recognized the vocal melody & lyrics! I didn’t know Stephen Stills played on this either. Guitar playing is very good, and your vocals work on this very well! :slight_smile:

Hi @JayGee ,
You are so awesome, and so appreciated.
I love your responses!!!
Thank you.
Warm regards,
Rene

Hi Rene Feeling bad tonight, but really loved your performance. My wife has double pneumonia and I am very worried she might go away. Trying very hard to keep her temp down.
Took her in Monday and started treating her for a suspected UTI. Brought her back today because of the sustained high temp. The original meds were wrong, so we are on pneumonia drugs now, but she is very week. Might be in the hospital tonight. Please pray for her

You have my prayers bro.

2 Likes

This is a top 10 song for me for my lifetime.
I hear a lot of Rene, a lot of Bill Withers, and some Richie Havens in a nice spicy gumbo.
You did a great job on making this yours.

1 Like

Hi Paul,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife!!!
I am hoping that the correct meds will start working, and get her temp down, and also address the pneumonia!
Stay strong, my friend!
Keep her in the hospital, so can get the attention she needs at this time.
Love and Prayers,
Rene

HI @StylesBitchley ,
You are awesome, and so appreciated!!!
This song is a personal fav, and love this.
What a combo, Bill and Richie, and myself!!!
Thank you so much, Bob!!!
Respectfully,
Rene