Advice Please

As Xmas is looming I hope Santa Claus is going to be nice to me. I have a Windows 10 system at home. Can you guys please advise me what I need to add to my present list to finally kick start my home recording career, using a laptop? I’ll mainly be using my bass and I already have a DI box…

Reasonably priced items, please

Thank you,

One frustrated independent musician!

Hey man. You need a Daw. Copy of Reaper? $60?

Interface - Focusrite Scarlet. Either a 2i2 or a 4i4…depending on how many mics you’ll need.

Speakers - Anything you can get a good deal on. Mono price makes an ultra affordable pair. KRK, JBL, Tannoy, Yamaha, and M audio all have some usable budget line stuff.

Mic - The Rode stuff is really popular…and quite inexpensive. Also that Audio Technica 4040 seems to be awfully good for $300.

1 Like

I haven’t kept up with how interface drivers are doing with Windows 10 now, but earlier on the older interfaces were not getting timely driver updates by their manufacturers. I assume that’s gotten better, but check the specs before buying one to make sure there are drivers for Windows 10 that are working without bugs.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice mate… It’s mainly going to be used for recording basslines, as my voice is no way good enough for vocals!