A new song to review (will return the favor) as of October 23rd!

I put a new song in my music website called “The Big T. Rex Grabs the Horse”. Why the crazy song title? The first dinosaur fossil was found in 1677, yet the Jewish Synagogue Umm-Kanatir (400-700 A.D.; on the Golan Heights) has a sculpture that looks like dinosaurs attacking a horse. How can that be? Anyway, tell me how you like the song, and how it can be improved, and I promise to return the favor. The song is at the top of this link:

Hi Aaron nice to see in the forums again. Wow this track sounds nice.
The instrumentation is very well produced and I think it sounds really modern and crystal.
The drums sound perfect for the genre and it has a lot of energy in it. I love it.
The synths are sounding crystal clear. And it blends well with the drums and Bass. You’ve got a great mix going on here. On the vocals where the “big T-REX” comes in, Im hearing some mid rage wierdness. Its a whistling sound frequency I’m guessing somewhere between 1-3k. I usually hear it when the funky guitars go with the vocals. If it was me mixing this, I’d look for the problem frequency on the guitars so as not to change the whole sound of the vocals. And then if its still there, I’d lessen the target frequency on the vocals as well, or maybe use a multicomp on that certain frequency and tame it. All in all the whole track and production sounds awesome to me. Its ready for spotify in my opinion. Congrats man!

Thank you for the elaborate and kind review, I appreciate it! I will now seek out your music.

1 Like