A Day In The Life, Beatles 1967

“A Day in the Life” is a song by the English rock band the Beatles, released in their 1967 album Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. It remains one of the most celebrated songs in music history, appearing on many lists of the greatest songs of all time.

Lennon’s lyrics were mainly inspired by contemporary newspaper articles, including a report on the death of Guinness heir Tara Browne.

Beware of fake news.
A lot of time, fake news is so obvious.
Keep love always in your heart, and always be ready to give it out generously!!!

Feedback is much appreciated.

2 Likes

Before I listened I was thinking what is he going to do when he hits “woke up” ha ha
Nice song…weird lyrics. I grew up with this. How does the brain retain all those words?
Congrats for going after the tough ones :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wonderful !
Makes me feel like I’m sitting in a coffee shop with my wife, listening to someone play all of our favorites.

1 Like

I hadn’t heard this song in a long time. The news and media references are very relevant, of course. You did a good job turning it into an acoustic version, as always.

Amen! As a song suggestion, perhaps you could cover The Beatles “All You Need Is Love” from the Magical Mystery Tour album, while you’re on a Beatles theme these days?

1 Like

Always love your replies, Paul!!!
You are simply awesome, and pls do not get tired of answering back.
This is how our forum gets “alive” - and you make it happen!!!
Thank you so much.
With love and respect,
Rene

1 Like

Hi JayGee,
I always wanted to have a hangout place, like a coffee shop, that caters to acoustic guitar music.
I am so happy to hear this wonderful comment from you!!!
Maybe, we can have one here in our local area.
Or maybe I can make this happen, … somehow.
Thanks a million JayGee!!!
Respectfully,
Rene

1 Like

Hi Stan,
Thank you for the song suggestion, and I love this song “All You Need Is Love”.
I might be able to deliver on your request, Stan. Stand-by.
I am so appreciative of your support and inspiration.
With ,love and respect,
Rene

1 Like

Rene,
Once again, curious how you’d pull off doing a cover of this classic, which was a huge production for the year it was recorded. Nice high vocals around 2:30! Vocals are good through the whole recording. Not surprisingly, your recording has a different vibe than the original. How could it not? Your version turned out quite well though. Nice guitar as usual. :slight_smile: