2 songs to review, promise to return the favor (new Nov. 27th)!

I put 2 songs in my music website: “Attack of the Zombies!” is the song on top, and “Everything You Do Effects Tomorrow” is the next song down. Please tell me how you like the music and how it can be improved, and I promise to return the favor. Here is the link:

Hey, first thing, I think you would import tracks here to get more feedbacks :slight_smile:

It sounds pretty bold to me, it has this “listen to that dude, I’ll kick you a** hard!”
From what I listened, I feel mixed since I don’t really know it supposed to me… :confused: Is this supposed to be lo-fi/raw?
Level-wise, some things jump out for no obvious reason to me and I found drums pretty cheap (sample choice and some kinda robotic playing)…

By the way, it would be on purpose and then you achieve what you’re looking for :slight_smile:
Good stuff nonetheless!

ncls,
OK, you talked me into uploading the 2 songs; sometimes in the past I had a hard time doing that. I’m guessing you reviewed “Everything You Do Effects Tomorrow”, since the drums and synths are all from a Korg TR-Rack, all sequenced by myself. “Attack of the Zombies” has toontrack drums where at least most of the MIDI drum patterns where played by a professional drummer. Thank you for the review, and I will now seek out your music!

Hey again,

I was talking about both songs:

• on the first one, the sound and the playing are barely the same during the song
  • on the second one, the sound is better but the playing doesn’t change throughout the song… it sounds as a loop uploading right into your DAW

It looks you succeed :slight_smile:

Cheers!

ncls,
Thank you for clarifying!

song 1: the guitar solo around 1:40 needs more distortion/edge and maybe some delay, is what i am feeling. The outro sound could swell up in volume before fading out. I think it is good i would just like a little more movement in the overall dynamics not to big but more than what is currently happening.

Song 2: The effects on the vocal are cool they are too boxy though. Cut more of the 400 and 2k range on the effects bus and that would clarity while still keeping the feel. I think you could put some delay on a couple of instruments as well to give them a little more of a similar space the way you have done with the last synth section. Not a tonne because you want to keep that distinction.

redworks,
Thank you for reviewing my music, I appreciate it! I will now seek out your music.