2 songs to review as of August 23rd! Promise to return the favor!

I put 2 songs in my music website: “Such A Vow” is the song on top, and “The Time Is Right To” is the next song down. Please tell me how you like the music and how it can be improved, and I promise to return the favor. Here is the link:

I listened to these tracks with Apple earbuds plugged in to a Windows 10 laptop. To me, the mix levels sound pretty even. I really dig the “spaced out” vibe of both songs. Who are your influences?

BigAlRocks,
Thank you for listening and commenting, I appreciate it! I have tons of influences. With “The Time Is Right To”, and the slapbass, I think I was influenced by Flea, and various black funk groups. For the vocals, I was trying to do a Middle Eastern thing at times; a few elements of James Hetfield, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, and Sisters of Mercy. I’m not a real drummer, but I often like the Phil Collins gated-reverb drum sound. Synths: Greg Hawkes from the Cars, and Gary Numan are some influences. The effects of the AdrenaLinn inspired the guitar part. For “Such A Vow”: I recently had acquired Arturia Vox Continental V and B3 V, so that brought out some Ray Manzarek (The Doors) and Jon Lord (Deep Purple) stuff out of me. Eddie Van Halen is an influence also. Sometimes a Dick Dale surf guitar comes out of me. I like Santana type latin percussion at times. Also some Keith Emerson synth influence at times. I will now seek out your music…I couldn’t find any threads you started, so leave me a link if you have music you want me to review. I like your top hat (I tracked you down on twitter).

1 Like

You’ll get to hear one of my songs very soon. :wink:

Groovy tunes.

I like the synth/ organ sound on the solo in the first song. The vocals are a little swamped in effects for my taste but at the same time I kind of like the vibe you get from the extreme use of them. When you do the synth solo parts in the second song it’s a nice escape from the overly affected vocal effects because the synth sounds cleaner and clearer.

You definitely got a cool vibe going on and a sound that I believe would attract a niche audience.

Love that first song. Checking out the second one right now. I really enjoy how creative you are with your music and the ‘no rules’ feel to it. I tend to agree with @Wicked that the effects me a bit heavy on the second song, but I like the direction you were going with it. Overall the mixes are sounding good on my earbuds. No big complaints from me on the mix, so they’re definitely translating well on these tunes. Thanks for sharing these! Great work :beerbanger:

1 Like

Wicked,
Thank you for listening and reviewing, I appreciate it! I just reviewed your ‘Jingle Bells’ because it was the most recent thread of yours I could find.

holster,
Thank you for the listens and the reply! I will now seek out your music…not finding a thread by you. If you have music you want me to review, leave me a link.

1 Like