2 songs to check out as of Nov. 11th! Will return the favor!

I put two songs in my music website: “I Think I Love You” is the song on top, and “Can’t You Turn Away 2?” (an older song that could use some drum compression and volume tweaks now that I hear it again) is the next song down. Please tell me how you like the music and how it can be improved, and I will return the favor. Here is my link:

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=224436

2 Likes

I liked turn away the best??? I was a LONG interesting intro with two different riffs. Both were good. You scooped your vocal very well on this one. Very good vocal with reverb saturation. I like to hear the guitar squeaks representing live play. ha ha Glad you are still putting these out there aaron, congrats

Sitar and Guitars!! I was just thinking of using that combination for a new composition. Nicely done. Assuming the detuned effect is intended. Sounding good.

drum kit is sounding pretty wide, some elements are getting spread too thin and losing their punch. Do you have a widener on the guitars and drums? might want to lessen the widening a little bit on a future similar composition (assuming this song is considered released) and pan the elements manually left right.

killer tracks!

I like “I Think I Love You”!
The ethnic vibe of the instrumentation adds flavor to the tune.
Both songs are very different, and love both!
Your vocals on “Can’t Turn You Away” is simply lovely!
With songs have excellent guitar solos, love them guitars.
Thanks for sharing, Aaron!
Rene

feaker,
Thank you for listening, I appreciate it! Thank you for the comments. I will listen to and review whatever you post per usual.

FluteCafe,
Thank you for for listening to my songs! “I Think I Love You” has two drum softwares happening. One is toontrack Action!EZX which is more geared for movie music: I always wanting the big tom sounds, but somehow they lose the the punch with the reverb that make them sound bigger. But I also have some rock oriented toontrack drums too. Yes, I own a stereo widener effect (I don’t think I used it in this song); not sure if that works with something that is panned fully left & right though (the guitars, I think I did); might have to experiment with that in the future.

Rene,
Thank you for checking out both of my songs, and for your reviews, I appreciate it!