What's the Psychological Term for When Audio and Video Don't Match?

I thought there was some type of psychological term for this separation. I was curious after watching this video.

Since they’re playing in a huge arena you’d expect the sound to be huge and reverberate as well. It’s not at all. It sounds horrible. There is no ambience whatsoever, this recording could not possibly be anymore dry. I think they barely used any room or overheads that they did have. It doesn’t sound like it was made in an arena, it sounds like it was made in a closet, totally unnatural. Mike Fraser is a great engineer, but I don’t agree with what he did to AC/DC’s production quality on this album and all the ones he mixed after. In real life there is reverb, I don’t care if modern trends aren’t fond of it. Either way, there’s a mismatch and I don’t know what it’s called. S.O.S.

Cognitive Dissonance?

This video takes it to the logical extreme, only deliberately and not with ambience:

2 Likes

Gimme twenty minutes.

2 Likes

Sorry I have to keep bastardizing your song @bozmillar, but I don’t have clients that want me to put their music up there and I’d rather ruin yours than mine. :+1:

Damn, one minute too slow. Mike Fraser should love this one though. I call it the “Dry As A Rock” mix.

1 Like

Maybe? Sounds like it could be. See that video doesn’t seem as jarring as to me. Maybe because it is deliberate?

My God. Did you put a gate on everything?

I had a dream that I met Boz in person last night. It was after I was playing a baseball game at this old dude’s place. He loved guns, and the clouds were all dark outside. He had this really small baseball diamond, but right in front of home plate was a small ditch. You had to have one foot in the ditch and one foot by home plate to hit. I really had to piss, but there were a bunch of people along the outside of the fence so I couldn’t find anywhere to do it. Then after that it had turned out that Boz had opened a shop down the street from my house, and was secretly the estranged father of one of my best friends despite the two of them being really close in age, (How old is Boz?). Boz then began hatching a scheme to kill my friend and I because he felt guilty about being a bad father, and the two of us reminded him of that.

1 Like

On the snare, the kick, the toms, the close cymbal mics, and the guitars. No reverb at all, no overheads, no room mics, no delays, no flange, nothing. Also, I’ve never taken Boz Millar to be the homicidal type. He seems too in tune to the frequency of 432Hz. It is a little disturbing how far he can bend back his finger in that video, I could see it. That reminds me, is that plugin real? He used it in the video and I’d really like a free vst of that. I think he owes it to the world, it would theoretically end all conflict. Kind of like Wyld Stallyns in the Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure.

1 Like

@bozmillar saved me from christ. Pizza christ ,hot out of the oven, chewy and delectable was my poison. Boz Millar turned my ear to the true soul teller, also he saved Barbie Belladoucci and gave her temple garments that could contain her true light from the spoils of Pizza Christ. Each of his plugins can unlock the wisdoms of the infinite knowledge, but one must be privy to the settings that unlock it. He gave me more then plugins, he gave me a voice on the curbstop of life. Barbie’s insolence has been neutered thanks to the righteous boz!

1 Like

Boz is pretty delectable. He keeps Barbie in line.

HE’S POWER HUNGRY OUT OF HIS GOD DAMN MIND! HE’S GONNA KILL US!

All of this is 100% true. I am Boz Millar, and I approve of this message.

1 Like

Stay away from me mongoose! If I wanted a cantaloupe I’d go down to the store and buy one god damn it! I’VE GOT THE POWER!!! HE-MAN! You think you’re so elitist spelling “Miller” with an “a” so everyone says it wrong don’t you? I’ve got news for you big britches, it works. It’s pretty cool.

P.S. - Can I still have that can of Chicken Noodle Soup? I’ll send you an address. Just PM me dog.