What price to ask?

I haven’t been online here lately, hence the late response :slight_smile:

These are all good considerations ! Thanks for those !

Though, its hard to compare things, if you haven’t done anything professionally in this business yet. I recorded a record one’s with my band, in a studio that was working it part time, and he (because we took 10 days) 200€/ day. Now, I personally think I can at least match his mixing skill, maybe even do better at some parts. I feel like I have a better sence of levels then he does, or did at least at that time. So I would say I could at least ask 30€/ song, as a price for potential first customers. Bands who have the abillity to (and for some pasionate reason want to) record on there own, these days have the abillity to do it cheap. And I think a lit of musicians have some gear to do it with. So I was thinking of focussing on these kind of people to start with, and as soon as I can install my basement, start offering recordings as well.The thing is I don’t want to do nothing but wait and do multitracks, until I can start my basement treatment.

I agree. You should focus on what you can do now with what you already have and just do it. Charge as much as you possibly can and do as good a job as you can possibly do. When you run into snags, fix them so that you don’t repeat them.

It’s a continuous cycle of trying things, screwing them up, and not doing the screw-up in the future. Do that enough, and you’ll eventually get to the point where you are just really good at what you do. But don’t wait until you have some predetermined level.

1 Like

Thanks man ! I realy need a bit more encouragement on those things, or maybe its more like confirmation. And it can be just as simple as what you’re basically saying. Yeah, thats a good idea, go do it. :slight_smile: