What Is Your Favorite Guitar Tuner?

That looks very similar to this ->

The TC Electronics costs $140 in Canada and the BOSS is $120.

I only read a few reviews of the TC but I read a lot of complaints about the tuner dying within a year or so.

How long have you had the newest Snark version? Iā€™m curious to know how long they typically last.

Not certain, but I donā€™t think the Boss can read all 6 strings at once like the TCā€¦ Just strum the open strings and it tells you in one glance which are out. No problems with mine so far.

1 Like

Yeah, I took another look at an ad for the BOSS tuner and it doesnā€™t appear to have that capability.

My only reservation with the TC Electronics tuner is that I have to have it plugged in to use it. I donā€™t particularly want to have another item/ pedal in my chain while Iā€™m recording. Iā€™d rather have something that clips on to the headstock of the guitar and can tune acoustic/ electric guitars and bass.

This one may work, then:
http://www.tcelectronic.com/polytune-clip/

2 Likes

Oh man, this tuner looks perfect !
Thanks

only a couple of months. at $10 a pop, I can get a new one every year if I want.

I think the piezio pickups just get less sensitive over time. no scientific backup to that, just guessing why snarkā€™s get fussy after time

1 Like