Unexpected Covers

I have to agree - for the most part.

I have a soft spot for dehumanizer.

An old that I’m partial to - Rick Springfield’s first (Aussie) band “The Zoot” - he’s the one on guitar - Daryl Cotton is the lead vocalist: (ignore the ridiculous hyperbole claiming that it’s “better than the Beatles”)

…another Aussie Beatles cover from around the same era- this time from the Gargantuan voice of Doug Parkinson:

1 Like

I have to strongly agree with you. The only great Sabbath album without Ozzy was Heaven and Hell. Mob Rules has only a few decent/ good spots and Born Again had some decent/ good stuff too. I prefer Born Again of those two albums…But Sabbath were never the same without Ozzy.

That version of ‘Eleanor Rigby’ is cool… in a heavy proggie way. Thanks!

1 Like

You know what this site needs? More KISS covers. How about a live KISS cover? This was from this past weekend at a podcaster expo. (1) Until then, none of us had ever met in person. (2) Obviously, if we’ve never met, we’ve never rehearsed together. (3) I’m playing bass. (4) Enjoy!

I have so many of these…whew. I’d share them but they’re all so rough and unfinished, you guys would never listen to me again if I gave recording advice. LOL! I do lots of beta testing for quite a few companies. So I do little covers to mess around with plugins, programs, or what have you. I never totally finish anything and go all out…so nothing ever sounds the way it should. Some fun stuff though…just very rough and incomplete. I’ve done stuff from Van Halen to Ozzy to Bryan Adams, Black Veil Brides etc. Maybe I’ll share sometime.

2 Likes

Welcome to pretty much any cover I’ve ever recorded :rofl:

I put a couple of mine up. Yours can’t be any worse.

That version of Eleanor Rigby is awesome! That’s Rick Springfield’s old band?! Jeez, I respect him more after hearing that !

1 Like

That is a great vocal performance. Very impressive. It pays homage to the original, and in many ways surpasses it.