Two Bare Hands Rough Mix - from Jonathan

Yeah! I would change the contest quite a bit if you couldn’t. I waited to hear other people’s roughs. I’ll probably submit mine this week - technically before the deadline. But I downloaded Andrews rough mix and put in in my DAW to evaluate mine lol.

I’m not sure what to do to make it less dry without re-structuring the entire thing.

I really wanted to not overhype the top and over compress the snare. I thought if I dialed this back a few notches that it would help the synths and guitars to breathe. I’m pretty happy with the synths but I’m going to make a couple more adjustments before submitting this, namely to see if I can widen the guitars a little bit without damaging the stereo image.

I get that the mix is much different if you bring up the room mics, that is the challenge of mixing live recordings. Those mics require a tone of processing to sit right with the close mic’ed instruments.

Looking forward to the finished product!

Listening to Version 2 and it sounds pretty good. Cool vocal delay throws! The guitar tone seemed to change around 2:17, seemed kind of unusual but kind of cool too. What did you do to create that sound?