Too Little, Too Late for Guitar Center?

This has come up before, the GC going under. I think Barclay took over their credit cards (like Sears was in trouble and Visa took over their cc).

In this Dallas area there must be 4 or 5 in a 30 minute drive for me. Each store has its own personality in a way. My trips there have died off a lot but its pretty empty until the weekends usually. I am still in shock how many stores are in a 50 mile radius its insane! If you type in Dallas and like 100 mile radius ofr Used gear theres a list and its a bunch of stores…crazy, but seems bad for business.

Theres so many of them around here. One Sam Ash and one old store. The others closed down…GC won!!!
Off topic, one old store had history, Morgan an sons…and thats the one the greats walked, like Hendrix and SRV and band who were in town would always stop by the music store of course. Long before my time but the pics on the walls and some of the older owners had stories. Ive heard the stories, never there.

GC … seems these days I order online and go pick up stuff try it, realize I dont need it and take it back. I lose shipping but thats fair. I had issues long ago with one GC the others were all pretty cool, though they became kind of like WalMart taking over and everyone else out of biz.

One bored day I counted all their pages of used stuff, then multiplied that by a average of $$$$ on each page and they are swamped with old used stuff…damn…they have so much Used stuff!! I think it was in the $$$ millions in used stuff alone.

I think they own Musician Friend too right?