The Threshold

It’s not a desire to be loved personally, its a desire to write a song that, like Wicked said, you connect with, it becomes a part of you at some time. If the goal of an architect is to build a building that both look aesthetically pleasing, as well as have great function, he is going to strive to both at the same time, that’s the whole idea of learning and practice. He doesn’t say, “I’m not going to focus on the function of the building, it will just get in the way of the aesthetics of it all.” It is expected to do both. I am saying that this focus can help shape and navigate a songwriter to navigate through the song writing process. Having a clear goal in mind is critical to achieving it. I agree it some people can work too hard to copy something that already has been successful, but their are countless successful musicians who write great songs on a regular basis. They don’t get off on a contrived bent. (unless they are Hootie and the blow fish :rofl:)

Well I am glad SOMEONE is glad I posted it, I know I’m not. I thought I posted in “Recording,Mixing,Producing”. It feel like I posted in “Bash this Concept”. :joy:

And don’t use words that I have to Google the definition. :man_technologist:

The process goes on and on.

All to the left or right side? :smiley:

1 Like

For me this thread is much more interesting than mixing and recording. The heart of our music is in the songwriting. I’d rather listen to great songs that are recorded and mixed decently than to listen to crappy songs that are recorded and mixed beautifully.

1 Like
1 Like

I agree.

Same here. I’ll even go a step further. I’ll even listen to songs I think are great even if the mix is bad. Hotter Than Hell is my favorite KISS album but the production is not so good. To me, that not so good production is part if its charm.

3 Likes

I have always loved that song “Strange Ways”. Interesting story on it too, per Ace:

‘Strange Ways’ was never performed live by KISS. I had forgotten just how heavy it was. One of my favorite guitar solos is the one on ‘Strange Ways’. It was done in one take. I just closed my eyes and that’s what came out. Usually, I record in the control room, but for that solo I went out and stood in front of the amp and got that wild feedback bend at the beginning. It sounded like a dinosaur."

2 Likes