Re: Boz - The future and AI plugins

One that really impressed me was the Slate Trigger’s ability to correctly distinguish drum kit pieces from a mono or stereo group bus track. It then has a somewhat pre-routed trigger matrix that allows to you to assign a sample to the corresponding kit piece based on transient.

What I don’t understand is why that would be harder than the slate trigger picking out an phone booth. Is it because of everything else going on in the picture vs the specific data in a drum bus track? So if you narrowed the pictures down to an assortment square/rectangular objects on white backgrounds, it would stand a better chance of picking out the phone booth?

Unless we expect the failure maybe? Everyone knows lightbulbs and guitar tubes eventually burn out. If I use the slate trigger, I know ahead of time that I’m gonna have to go behind it and clean some stuff up.

lol…if 1% failure drives someone nuts, I can only imagine how many Neve and SSL console owners must half way to the psych ward!! You almost hear about them breaking, more than hearing B.S. about how warm of a sound they make!

I haven’t actually used slate trigger, so I can’t comment with any real authority on it. My guess is that it’s using filters with good leakage suppression.

Can you trigger a stereo bus with snare, kick and toms and do it reliably?

Yeah. Somehow this thing is detecting everything. Cymbals, hats, toms, snare, kick. It does seem to have trouble with a ride cymbal though. And if you want something that’s gonna pick out every single HH hit, you’re outta luck, but I don’t think anyone is crazy enough to transient align and sample replace a hi hat lol.