Please lightly bash my 12 year old granddaughter's first recording

That’s terrific. The vocals are a bit hesitant and uncertain at times… but that adds to the charm of he song, Confidence will come with practice and experience. She’s already a rather gifted songwriter… and that too will only get better as she writes and performs. Definitely something she should be proud of. Well done. Sure wish I had a recording setup available when I was 12! :smiley: Keep it up.

1 Like

Hi skua Yes, I might have spent a little too much, but what the heck. so many times I cheapened up and ended up paying more in the long run. I have an older version of studio one professional and got to be decently good with it. The new version was so different, that I could hardly help her get started. I spent 10 hours and still never got any drums to work. She just face timed me and is all serious about starting a soundcloud account. ha ha Wanted to know what genre etc. going to be interesting this next series. Thanks for taking the time to comment

Sincerely

Paul

You must be very proud. Not only writing and playing her own songs at the age of 12, but recording them too. Very impressive.

1 Like

Thanks AJ Yes, I have been seeing this coming for a long time. I hope I live long enough to enjoy some more:)

Sincerely

Paul

I can’t say how impressed I am with this little sweetheart. Such wonderful and heart felt lyrics. Personally I have know problems with timing in a song like this. The tempo follows the emotion of the song, little pauses add to the emotion and draw you in. As a songwriter why not play with timing it adds tension, excitement and can be used very creatively. Her voice is so honest and inspiring. I am blown away by her lyrics (from the mouths of babes) so full of feeling and wisdom at twelve years old. For a first recording I find this pretty remarkable, at that age I was using an Awai mono tape deck with three inch reels! I removed the erase head so I could record sound on sound. You have given her a very special gift. A gift that will allow this young talent to expand and grow musically listening to her recordings and the ability to critique them. She has a strong beginning in songwriting that I have not achieved in the fifty years of playing writing recording and gigging. A strong new talent in this crazy world of music!

Hey Dave I love to watch her now sitting with her leg crossed like a real pro or running around the house with the acoustic strapped on. She switches chords now without looking down and pretty much on time. she doesn’t want to be bothered with any finger picking styles. When I offered to show some basics, I hear “not now grandpy I have songs in my head” She came out of a shower last week with a towel wrapped on her head and said I thought of this when I was washing my hair. Then went on to sing a melody line and lyrics to a very cool song. I try not to act excited and just say “yeah, that’s cool, go write it down including the chords” She left the room and my daughter said “holy sh%$ dad do you believe that” I said " she might have something special going here" Thanks so much for your encouraging words. I have sent this to her already with a caption “now don’t let this go to your head” She said that would never happen.

Sincerely

Paul

I have a 12-year old boy who plays the guitar and has been raised in a music-loving family. I wish he was able to do half good as your granddaughter.

That said, the only thing I can notice is the vocal harmonies that are sometimes off key and timid, but there is no doubt she will soon come up with nice harmonies too.

Hi Lopho I bet your son has plenty of talent. Grace is a great kid, but man she is like way out there sometimes. I have two grandkids that are extremely quick thinkers. I thank you for your compliment and you gave me something to do today. I didn’t hear that off bgv and I usually do. ha ha She is just learning harmonies and I would expect her to be off. We were just working on “Dream” by the Everly Brothers a couple weeks ago and she really enjoyed that.

Sincerely

Paul

1 Like

You must be very proud .

1 Like