Please bash my strange new dreamsong - Basket of Dreams

Nice - sounds smoother and more controlled. Excellent artwork - what is the medium? - pastels? charcoal?

1 Like

Came back to listen again on YouTube - and subscribed! This is really so very well done. The piano and ambience is just beautiful and haunting and depressing and discordant and lush… and this is listening on my crummy Dell work PC speakers. Print it, sell it to Game Of Thrones and remember us little folk who were fans when you were posting on IRD. :grin:

PS. And your artwork is every bit as lovely and bleak too.

1 Like

I’m curious how you approached this? I think I would probably have ridden the gain your vocal track, but I’m curious if that is the approach you took?

1 Like

Ahhh cool, thanks heaps Andrew… just what I’d wanted!. I started off in charcoal but am now combining with soft pastel - anything that smudges seamlessly together and on black paper (which covers a multitude of sins). I’m really enjoying the sense of synergy in combining the drawing and the music but it still takes an inordinate amount of time!

Yay… thanks so much… I still find all that social media stuff a bit perplexing! :roll_eyes: Lovely to have friendly faces out there!

I listened to the track with my super-critical hat on and made a note of every time the sound surged too much … actually I tend to impersonate forum member AJ in my head to help me identify the more harsh-ouch bits and then I volume automate them and listen again and usually slide quite a lot back again… it’s an iterative process for sure!

This particular song had a real sense of flow as an integral part so I really wanted to keep that… the more you tweak the more you risk losing that… I’ve especially found that when I’ve tried using vocal rider type techniques, so I’m very much into the time-consuming manual adjustments now. Thanks heaps for your positive feedback.

:beerbanger:

1 Like