Orchestra + Guitar

Hi Ingo! nice to see you writing again and pluckin away
Is that Sibelius ? Great vibes specially with the horns around 3:44 great work!

Thanks for the encouragement @Wicked . I hope to post some different stuff, so we’ll see how that goes.

You’ve got me in the '70’s; that’s cool, some good things happened in the '70’s. At least from what I can remember . . . . :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words @FluteCafe . I write in Sibelius and then add in other VST’s. The orchestra is the Vienna Symphonic library and the bass and drums are the East West Goliath library. I wish I could get some cool live sounds like you do.

1 Like

ah yes. I like their mid century style sounds. I have to say, I loved the score. Did you write the whole thing or only the guitar parts?

Yeah VSL is pretty good. I’ve got their VI series stuff which is older (you noticed, good ear!). They have some newer releases that are more contemporary with a different player and “spacialization” plugins. They’re switching to iLok so there are ‘bargains’ to be had they say. :smile:

Here’s the score, the guitar part follows the same 32 bar chord progression as the orchestra parts before and after it but it’s improvised so I didn’t notate it. It is inserted at bar 37 in this score. An afterthought if you will.

Chamber Orchestra 2 Part 2.pdf (75.0 KB)

1 Like