Mask - A shot at my pride

I just saw this. Love the song and the arrangement. You voice is great too. I don’t have much to add to what the others have said, other than I’m really looking forward to your next version!

Just a thought: if “fuckus on me” is too problematic, maybe you could change the lyric to some like “Twenty years later I’m looking at me” or something similar?

Really nice song all around - thanks for sharing it with us! :+1:

1 Like

Okay everyone else already commented on the “focus” thing. But I’ll give my +1 to that haha.

I really like this. The acoustic guitar tone is lovely, and your voice is great. You have a cool tone and emote well. I like the song too, and the production. If I had to nitpick… maybe it’s a little too compressed? There’s something a bit fatiguing listening to the busier sections.

But yeah, this is really cool. Great job and thanks for sharing it!

1 Like

Hi Miked,

Thanks for the kind words.

I will go back in the studio during the week and try to get a better focus, or I’ll do as you suggested.

Thanks again

Mathieu

Hi Cristina,

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen to my song.

“Your voice is great”, that means a lot for me as it is defintely the instrument I’m less confident with.

And you’re probably right, I may have gone to.hot with the mastering.

Thanks again.

Mathieu

Hi Everyone,

Here is the best I can do without going over foooocusing…

Any chance it’s better?

Thanks in advance for your precious help!

Mathieu

3 Likes

ooh yeah… this is great… love it!!
You have totally nailed the ‘focus’… didn’t catch my ear at all other than to overall wrench my heart in the way that very cool songs do…
thanks Mathieu… there is such a great energy to this song, love the build and the emotional punch that it carries. This is so good to listen to for a bunch of reasons… love the movement of it all, it sweeps me up and carries me along and your voice is sounding really great! mmm yum!

1 Like

Superb!

1 Like

Thanks Emma for all those kind words. Really glad you enjoyed it.

Mathieu

You made my day. Thank you Andrew.

Mathieu

Awesome job and awesome song! Really well done! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot Miked!

Much better! Well done!

1 Like

Thanks Pirrie!

Cheers!

Mathieu

Nice, I love the build up on the bridge, and the solid harmony. Glad you kept the word in, it makes the song. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thanks Gredd, glad it improves.

Thanks for your time.

Mathieu

On the one hand, this is a real hook, and there are hit songs in history that were misheard in this way. I was hearing ‘aw fuck it’s on me’ which was making perfect sense. Like ‘Blinded by the Light’, I doubt this happens intentionally very frequently, it could become one of the top remembered misremembered lyrics of all time.

The song itself was not profane at all, in fact quite beautiful and dramatic in composition and production. And the singer in the story was taking full responsibility for his actions, quite redeeming (I’m kidding). It was a great pleasure and a privilege to hear this finally, @Kakeux!

1 Like

Thanks Steban!

Sometime, nobody takes care of what I’m really singing, but when someone does and hear it totally differently, It kills a bit my confidence and I have to work on it. I suppose that’s the payback of willing to sing in english when you’re not english.

I never could have let it go knowing someone was hearing f…k us…even if it will probably never go anywhere.

Anyway, thanks again for you time!

Mathieu