Made a few adjustments to this

Well, as they say… you get what you pay for! :wink:

Thanks, that’s good to know.

Well, it’s good to know that it conjured up some imagery, at least. Not exactly the imagery I’d hoped for, but it’s your impression, not mine.

I will say this, as with the other track I posted, listening to the lyrics helps somewhat. Call me pretentious if you like, but despite whatever may be the current trend in lyrics, the words are not just meaninglessness syllables whose sole function is to carry the melody.

Thanks again for listening and commenting :+1:

1 Like

Sorry to have disappointed. I’ll try to do better for you next time… no wait, I won’t.

Thanks, message received loud n clear.

Hmm… that’s a rather strange thing to say…You haven’t disappointed me. Disappointment implies that I had some sort of expectation, and I didn’t. How could I? I don’t know you, I don’t know your tastes or preferences. As I said above - it’s your impression. That’s what it’s all about. I’ve doing this for decades, so I’m used to getting all sorts of impressions. Each to his/her own.

I’m not disappointed that it didn’t convey the imagery I intended either…

That’s part of what I love about the subversiveness of a song. The old adage is “Sing a happy song sad, and a sad song happy”…

How many people think “Every Breath You Take” is a gooey love song, or “Born in the USA” is a gung-ho, hand-on-the-heart, patriotic ode to all that is good and righteous in 'merica? People take whatever impression they want from a song.

As long as they listen and like it, I guess! It’s not the songwriter’s fault if they don’t bother to listen to the lyrics!

1 Like