Help needed - modern punk rock mix

Yeah I agree with Boz. Vocals need to be centered.

I don’t have much experience in audio but I have listened to a lot of punk.

The music sounds very much like the Fat Records sound but the vocals don’t sound as “in your face” as the music.

1 Like

Hey guys,

We’ve had the chance to retrack the vocals and I’ll be mixing it this week. the deadline is on monday so I’m sure to post before that. :slight_smile: I’ll put the vocals more on the center the next time. thanks for the feedback. all are very helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

hey guys heres the final mix. how’s it sounding?

2 Likes

I really like it. You’ve done a great job here, and I’m glad you left those crashing cymbals in the mix!

1 Like

thanks @Ailwyn

1 Like

Now that it’s all together, it sounds great. At first I thought my ears were shot and I was going to say the lyrics were unintelligible, then I got with the program. Sounds like Green Day from the other side of the world. Great job on the guitars, everything sits well, and the cymbals work for the genre.

1 Like

@StylesBitchley thanks for the kind words. I still did a lot of changes to the drums vocals, bass and guitars because they didnt cut through nicely with the vocals. I did a lot of eq tweaking and parallel compression on the tracks. this has been really challenging (and exhausting) for me but I learned a lot recording this band / genre. for what its worth, here’s the mix that we decided to pick. thanks for listening to the previous tracks and for the time commenting and reviewing the mix. cheers!!!