FREE T-Racks Vari-Mu Compressor/Limiter

so yeah , its probably my Reaper skills or something if your Studio ONe picks it right up in the VST file.
(I’d like to pull some from the Line 6POdFarm into Reaper too. and imagine if one works they all will)

I have re-scanned a bunch of times, no luck. Must be something else…

add: I stumbled on the right folder and did ADD, searched a few folders then RE-SCAN and it went on forever .dll stuff scanning for 100’s of files…but eventually it loaded “TR5 VST” into my Reaper VST list! 670 is in there and the Mastering EQ…

I’ll leave the TRACKS 5 System active though, its Free and it comes with the Mastering EQ and with the Free 670 VARI-MU inside, it could be used like a independent Mastering System which is appealing.

So update on all my blabbering…the 670 VARIMU VST was there all along I just had to ReScan the right folder to get it into Reaper.

Hopefully a Reaper user can chime in, because if nothing else, Reaper is pretty much capable of doing anything!

yes…USER error on my part.

REAPER brought it in with the correct ReScan. I had a default folder to scan and this time I had to use the ADD, then browse for the right folder.

So you don’t use TR-5 Mastering system? I could see using it.
When I track its DAW and then I try to put everything away and do the Mix, edits track FX, then save /render as Wave Stereo version into my desktop/windows MUSIC folder.

Bringing the mix stereo wave into the Track Mastering System is pretty easy and kind of refreshing to “go to another place” with different visuals…its not as streamlined but it works pretty well. I could see loading old recordings into it and giving it a nice upgrade mastering polish of some sorts. Its easy to work around in…

This is true. Maybe it’ll give you a different perspective for those final touches?

One word of warning: IF you decided to “demo” other T-Racks plugins, I don’t remember if they go silent or produce white noise when the demo runs out. But it is really irritating trying to figure out where the heck that random noise is coming from after you’ve forgotten that you had a demo plugin somewhere on one of your tracks and you’re far along on your mix!

That is why I painstakingly go through and “hide” all of the T-Racks plugin I don’t own after doing an update or installing a new one…

1 Like

yeah…lol white noise!
I thought for a second!! wow!! I got all this for free!!??

but the EQ is worth it, and the 670 im playing with.

I only use Boz +10db, Klanghelm, Limiter no6…but this system is kind of cool for a “mastering system” and having it in Reaper will be used. I don’t know how they make this stuff or whats going on inside a VAri-Mu but the 670 has some nice presets.

I highly encourage getting it before the 25th!

1 Like