EQ your own voice

I figured I should address the phasing issue if anyone chose to try what I mentioned.
I use the Little Labs IBP from UAD to clean up any potential issues there. http://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/special-processing/little-labs-ibp.html
I first looked at that tool when I was reading an article on Paul Epworth and how he used the hardware version on drums, because he liked to manually adjust drums and take advantage of proximity effect instead of using EQ. I of course had to experiment.

20 posts were split to a new topic: Psychology Chat

A post was merged into an existing topic: Psychology Chat

HA! so glad to hear you say that. Homogeneity really rules these days doesn’t it? Turn on the radio and there are what - about 3 genres in world when you boil it down, covering 90% of music. There are so few “tribes” left too…

Anyway, as mentioned - and I’ve said it before - I really like Pat’s voice. Character is the quality (being able to sing in tune is obviously an advantage!)

Fuck the whiny cracked voice vocal acrobats and divas…yawn, basically. I’ll take PTalbot any day, dead serious.

Pretty much all of my favourite vocalists (headed up by Bowie) are not what you would regard as technically good singers. This has never mattered to me.

4 Likes

Can I l “like” your post more than once? :smile:
It’s funny, “Heart of Gold” came on the radio this afternoon, and I was just thinking the exact same thing.

2 Likes

Thanks guys @Firedance & @ColdRoomStudio for your vote of confidence! I don’t know how this thread derailed into a pissing contest and then some psychology tests?, when all I was asking is for you all to share your experience dealing with your own voice in recording… oh well.
I suppose that’s the internet, right?
Confusion reins and even among the most well intended people there’s still a lot of misunderstanding…

2 Likes

Back on topic: Keep on singin’ Patrick! We will keep on diggin’ it. :performing_arts::notes:

4 Likes