Economies of 'scale' - Gibson vs. Fender (once again)

Bob, I checked out that YT channel, saw a couple of videos so far. I do see some good stuff. He edits videos well, so you can learn a lot in a relatively short period of time (I think this is ~15 minutes long). The sacrifice, potentially, is you don’t get enough detail shots to follow the process fully. But other sources can fill in the blanks, it’s workable. You have to listen to him be cranky though … but he can be pretty funny at it at times.

I found this video to be a nice condensed view of most, or all, the steps in doing a ‘setup’ - though it’s on a bass. When he said “stupid piece of junk” I thought he was talking about Rickenbacker’s, but it’s an Ibanez copy, and the bridges are not that similar. I notice titles with a tendency toward dislike of Rickenbacker, basses at least. Or he could be grumpy. :smirk: But I’m willing to learn.

2 Likes

He gets upset over poor manufacturing and diy ers who screw (gooch) up their guitars so he has to fix them. If you back a couple of years he does a full Strat setup that gives you measurements and techniques. I watch it now for laughs and Canadian humor.

3 Likes