Don't You Touch My Flame Gems!

Now that was funny. Don’t associate us with lower Michigan (Detroitish) We are in the upper peninsula where there aren’t any coney dogs. Only pasties (wifey made some yesterday) and yes lots of coffee. “The boys” will meet tomorrow morning at 6 and have all the worlds problems solved by 7.
We winter in Texas now, so the old ice shanty (on wheels) is toast.
BTW my blood pressure is 100/60 and yes I can fix anything. ha ha. Wanna arm wrestle??

1 Like

I apologize. Being a Yooper is a whole different story. Detroit would be ceded in two days; Yoopers would protect their territory forever.
It’s also cold enough up there in July to cause shrinkage, and you’re lucky to break through the ice to go swimming. My band played in Iron Mountain once in November, and the last three hours of driving to get there was basically through a snow tunnel. It made Mackinaw City look like a Caribbean resort. It is a truly stunning area if you have the shrunken stones to live there. I remember running through about 20 yards of 3 foot deep snow to sit in a cedar sauna. ( My inseam is 32”, do the math). Truly great people up there.

2 Likes

Sorry STM for hijacking your thread. I live 20miles north from Iron Mountain. Our band did most of their gigs there. Wish I would have known you then. Sprinting to the sauna in the raw…yes from an outie to in inny almost instantly. BTW heavy snow in November would be very rare, but it does happen. Love the witt

1 Like

I was actually born in Michigan, but was carried away at a young age. I like to think there’s still a bit of Michigander in me, but only genetically at this point.

Ha, but that’s where I was born. Damn!

Clearly those Yoopers are the Spartans among us. They may be our last defense against … well, I’ll save politics for another day. :wink:

No worries, it’s perfectly fine, great conversation! Maybe some new (theme) song ideas too. I forgot to mention you are my hero. Maybe you already were. That seems like The Great White North to me. Never made it up that far.

1 Like

By the way my wife and I graduated from. Michigan State, so we are indeed Spartans.

2 Likes

A noble lineage. Serendipity, the Spartan theme bears more exploration.

1 Like