David Tyo Contest Mix

Thanks Andrew! Not sure about the kick/snare thing, but that is a BIG deal for sure. Will go at it one more time this weekend. Much appreciated!

Yep the revision is definitely sounding better. Nicely done.

1 Like

Great to hear Eric, thanks! Was just ready ready to do a little transient work then probably call it “done”. :wink:

1 Like

Wow, really nice mix, Mike. Like this a lot.

I might bring the bass down just a tad. It’s pretty strong on my KRK’s and also on my Sennheisers. Possibly bring the EGs up just a smidge. I dunno. I’m just trying to find something helpful to say here: this is a really nice mix, IMHO. Might be just personal preference, but FWIW.

Good luck, man!

1 Like

Thanks Tez! Just hunkering down now to work on it. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think I’m “done”. Brought down the bass, messed with electrics to give them more presence, “focused” the solo by centering the panning on the guitars playing the part, added a transient shaper to the snare and backed off the overall drum distortion a little… Thanks everyone!

1 Like

The new mix sounds great Mike - really masterful handling of the vocals! Well done!

1 Like

Ok finally home and getting back to reality… listened to the final version… sounds great Mike! As Andrew mentioned, you really crushed it with the vocals!

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Not even in the the top 10 for this contest, so time for some more practice. I’ve spent the last few weeks setting up a “new” DAW (older PC but new to me, but better than what I had!) Now it’s finally time to get back to mixing and making music! :beerbanger:

1 Like