Clap Sample Library

I definitely look forward to the naming contest. That’s one of my favorite parts of releasing a plugin. I haven’t had one in a while.

1 Like

Boz,
Clap Room Looser is way too loose for me. Generally speaking, the Room claps sound way better. In my experience, compression will make claps sound a lot more impressive. I say add a compressor to that plug-in.

Or maybe just a Dry/Wet knob?

miked,
For the reverb or just the compressor or both?

I was thinking keep it “simple” - fully effected (?) and dry, then mix 'em. But, now that you mention it, reverb is so specific to a mix, maybe it makes more sense to just have a Dry and a Compressed version, then let the users add their own reverb?

You can adjust exactly how tight you want it to be.

I put a compressor in the plugin. Just a single “compression” knob. worst case you need a different compressor and you can use a different one, but this lets you dial it in quickly.

Boz,
Do all your demo mp3’s already have compression, or just certain ones?

Compressing gives a completely different sound to the room than just a mix knob, so both are definitely necessary.

Also, sending a dry clap to a reverb is actually a very different sound than recording a clap in a room with ambiance.

None in the first post did. just the two later on had compression.

Can you add snaps as well? a lot of time finding a good finger snap is hard. I tend to use them often in beats

I recorded a new set of samples over the weekend. I did Claps, snaps and stomps.

1 Like

I’m putting in a request for “door knocks”, door bells and chimes. Oh, and tongue clicks! :smile: :partying_face:

1 Like

and armpit farts. I find it incredibly hard to find a decent sample library of a crowd of people farting at the same time.

4 Likes

You just gave me a great idea for a flash mob. When this pandemic is over I’m going to organize the biggest armpit-farting flash mob that this world has ever seen! I might even nix the armpit part…, but that would require a lot of people with the talent to pass wind on command. Not sure if I know anyone with that particular skill.

If anyone here has that skill, please reveal yourself !

Behold, it is I.

2 Likes

Excellent !

We have our first highly skilled Fartsman. I bestow upon you the power and responsibility to lead the IRD choir in a horrific, putrid chorus of heavenly flatulence. There will be a great army that follows your leadership. I’m going to do my part by practicing all weekend. I just hope I can pass the test and be welcomed into the great choir!

1 Like

Thank you for mentioning this! I was really struggling not to. Can’t go wrong with armpit farts. And @Wicked, I too possess that skill. Another fave is a water-drop sound using the mouth… (used to torture my high school teachers with that one)

And thank you Emma for making some puns. Couldn’t believe I’d gotten halfway through the thread and nobody had… :wink:

2 Likes

Dibs on MCGA = Make Claps Great Again (the Clap? :thinking:)

:grin:

2 Likes

scope creep in progress… code freeze please! :nail_care:

3 Likes

Yeah, good idea to put the brakes on now. And slow down gradually. Would be a shame to leave skid marks…

2 Likes

O gawd… now even the title of this thread looks suggestive!

:crazy_face:

3 Likes