Cable Maintenance... are you pro-active or reactive?

could the actual socket for the cable be loose on the monitor?

1 Like

It seems to be firmly in place but the fault is indicating a loose connection as it is still intermittentā€¦ and was fixing when I wriggled the cablesā€¦ sometimes. The distortion tends to increase when i increase volume and low freqs. It is a bit of a mission for me to get gear fixedā€¦ will ask tech savvy husband to take the back panel off and have a look before I upload it down to the city and the menders. Will just check for any clear signs of loose connections. Thanks for your thoughts!! :smile:

If these are powered monitors, and the socket itself is not loose, then I hate to say you might have a problem with the actual amplifier thatā€™s built into the monitor itself. I hate to say that this might be a headache to fix if you canā€™t get it fixed easily.

1 Like

yepā€¦
plus as I didnā€™t buy it from a registered dealer, itā€™s more tricky to get fixed blah blahā€¦
so I am going to try for being an ostrich and burying my head into the sandā€¦
itā€™s hard to tell how long Iā€™ve had the problem as itā€™s been an odd one with a number of other things that I have blamed and fixed and it has come and gone. Yesterday it was cutting out all the time, today it seems to workā€¦
But I have found a place that could fix it, maybe, itā€™s just a two hour drive and leave it there more blah blah poos :slight_smile:

Have him look for cracked or cold solder joints on the connectors and circuit board.

1 Like

will doā€¦ thanks!!

I canā€™t tell you how many pieces of gear have magically started working again for me. I had a black streak up and down my screen the other day, and it disappeared yesterday and hasnā€™t returned. But will it???

2 hours both ways? Cant you just mail it to them?

Ahhā€¦ not reallyā€¦ by the time I drive into the post office I might as well drive the extra distance plus the packaging of it is a painā€¦
thanks for the thoughts though :slight_smile:

Thinking of oyu. Good luck.

1 Like