Bash my song - Blinded

Just finished the Wasteland contest and see you had this posted. Another good one. Very nice!

1 Like

Same here, I just finished reviewing all Wasteland contest and let this thread open so I could listen to another “production”.

Very very nice song and writing skills, nice performance as well.
I really like how “live” it sounds.

What I could add regarding previous replies is I would prefer a wetter guitar and a drier vocal. I found the mix unbalanced: guitar on top, vocal way behind and I wish the opposite.
Plus, I found the guitar sounds not so spot on. It may be too raw, or strings need to be changed, or steel guitar…

So here is some feedbacks, but it’s a great song to me.
Congrats for writing and share them!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I did release this song already as a video, but I’m waiting to revisit it before I add it to Spotify. Just needed some distance. It’s a cheap guitar, though I have to say I quite like how the tone turned out. The drums bother the crap out of me now though. Too repetative. I agree the vocals are too wet, too.

We all need some :slight_smile:

Ok, that’s why I found it a bit disconnected while the vocal sounds “more expensive” (hard to describe)

Hmm, there are many things you could do with them: add some mute here and there, change the speed on spots, change the position in the stereo field, add some effects (delay or stutter effect for instance, or gate also), time shifting to catch the focus, double it with loops…

One last thing, while I write this reply I have a podcast as background music but the song that just started could give you ideas for your song… maybe :blush:

Joshua Wentz - Calm Me Down

Gosh the beginning of that song song reminds me of this one a lot. Very cool!

Same chords?

Nice song Cristina

if you are using PTools, you should only clip gain your vocals before the compression : you have to decide by yourself what you want to highlight or not. You’ll spend some time doing this but i can bet you’ll be happy with it.
I feel like i need you singing closer to the listener : too much verb for me and not enough predelay on it. It need a low boost (vocals, not the verb) let’s try at 180hz, ice will become warm water…
The solo at 1:02 has far less verb and sits very very well, you should be inspired by that amount of verb for your vocals.
Don’t be afraid to boost that kick (especially at 80)
Other than that, what a cool song once again !!
A pleasure to listen to.

1 Like