Baby Do You Feel Me/ Laid Back Blues Groove

It’s on 2 or 3 Bon Jovi songs. My first memory is Aldo Rey playing a pedal steel through one. That was almost before you heard electric guitars at all. Jeff Beck did She’s A Woman on Blow By Blow, but Joe Walsh and of course Frampton come to mind first mostly by being flogged with Frampton Comes Alive for five years or so. The trick to playing it is to be able to make singable melodies and shape the vowels. Pretty much like doubling the guitar with a vocal. Buddy Miles should have had one on his drum set.

2 Likes

I actually loved the first talkbox instance at the beginning. It was a great surprise and its last note was really unique. You obviously are one hell of a singer. My one suggestion for improvement is I felt the song could use a bit more dynamic variation as it went along. There was a sameness that began to make me not listen to the words after a while. I look forward to hearing future versions if you make them.

Thanks very much for listening, I appreciate the comments.
The song does lumber along, it’s one of the few I’ve done that didn’t have a true bridge or transition. It felt like a two verse, two chorus, and wrap it up kind of song to me.
I’ll think about embellishing it down the line and see if an idea comes up.

Great tune my friend!
Reminds me a bit of Steely Dan as well.
I can’t think of anything I would change or improve.
I love everything.
Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Wow, thank you very much!