Waves Abbey Road Studio 3

Waves Abbey Road Studio 3

This seems a bit ridiculous at first glance, but I’ll try it for shits n’ giggles if I can. I’m interested to hear people’s thoughts…

They do do midrange exceptionally well, THIS COULD EASILY be just as good.

I just picked up the Nx Virtual Mix Room plugin on sale, and then they send me a special deal (supposedly) on this ARS3. I haven’t got to use the Nx yet, but I put it on my Reaper “Monitoring FX” and that Head Tracking thing keeps popping up every time I open Reaper. I don’t really plan on using that part, though I may play with it. I mainly wanted to see if the Nx helped with mixing on headphones with its basic features. The ARS3 says it is based on the Nx technology, so I’d have to be impressed by Nx first. TBD

I’ve had NX I think since it came out (or thereabouts). It’s been some time since I’ve used it so I don’t really recall much about it, so I think I’ll re-visit it. Definitely agree with you that NX needs to provide a clear benefit for me to even consider ARS3. I don’t recall being super impressed but that was like 2 or 3 years ago. Since I’ve gotten Sonarworks that’s been my go-to for headphones (as well as room correction).

1 Like

I just tried it now, and it does give a sense of space emulating a room, which is part of what it was intended to do as I understand it. Still new to the plugin though. I haven’t figured out about using Head Tracking or if any of it is supposed to translate to the mix, only that it might give a more realistic sense of space like mixing on monitors in a room.

From what I recall it’s a spatial thing, like if I were to move my head closer to one of the monitors it would emulate the volume/spatial shift.

1 Like

Just the ability to listen to 5.1 and 7.1 content on headphones is interesting! Might have to check it out.