Summarize This Topic

Summarize This Topic

A Website Feature I just saw and am curious about. On my thread
http://indierecordingdepot.com/t/are-you-guilty-of-sexual-harassment-metoo/2095
I noticed a blue button on the OP that said “Summarize This Topic”. Above that it says “There are 57 replies with an estimated read time of 25 minutes.” If I click on that it summarizes to 13 posts. Then there is a blue button on the OP (at the bottom of the post) that says “Show All Posts” so you can restore the hidden content.

I assume this works for anyone, at least if they are logged in?

So … is the forum software suggesting I’m long-winded? :smirk:

I have often wondered, how do you make a forum more efficient, how to extract the maximum amount of information and context in the shortest amount of time. Is this the way?

0 Likes

Even after ‘restoring’ the thread, it had hidden 3 replies, and gave me a link to click on to reveal those. Tricky.

1 Like

Dear sir, what are you on about ? The topic itself, or the summarization of the topic?
It has always seemed that men are perceived as always having one thing in mind. I believe this sudden ca

1 Like

It looks like your post got summarized. :wink:

I got the impression there should have been a Monty Python skit about summarizing the summary, or something entertaining like that. :grin:

Good summary. That may be a male biological inclination to summarize the essentials, rather than drag it out with a dinner-and-movie prelude. :smirk:

0 Likes

Oops, thought I’d deleted the post for fear of sticking my foot in my mouth.
It seems the level of what is considered harassment has changed dramatically in some cases. I don’t advocate harassment at any level, but at the same time wonder why some women are obsessed with their appearance, and also shocked when male Neanderthals clumsily approach them.

1 Like

The “kid in a candy store” analogy comes to mind. Or Lay’s Potato Chips … “Bet you can’t eat just one!” Our society seems to promote that which it then says you shouldn’t have.

Pretty confusing … right?

0 Likes