Question about the forum rules

Question about the forum rules

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

LOL what?

1 Like

What the hell is wrong with you two? You disagree with each other. Cool Get over it.

Right? Jeez @Stan_Halen , relax. There are only like five people here anyway. Do you really want less?

I think you two need to be locked in a room together until you start making out.

1 Like

Is it against forum rules to harass other members? I’m feeling pretty harassed. I know I don’t fit in with the old-timer cliques in here. What am I not going to do about it? Start a crybaby thread over it.

I think as a whole the site needs to attract as many contributing members as possible. Recording Review could get a little rough at times, but I’ve never really seen any of the antagonistic attitude here that was present there.

This is a good informative forum that would benefit from an influx of new ideas and perspectives as long as they remain within reasonable boundaries.

1. Be nice

2. Talk about music

First impressions usually tell the story. Here are a few smart ass comments from one of my posts. I am hoping the last one sticks.

So whatever problem you have with me I’d suggest you just get over it and move on.

Your knee-jerk reliance on bad assumptions makes you ignorant.

I’ll happily stay away and not interfere as you bask in well deserved adulation.

P.S. - Your age doesn’t make you immune to critique when you ask for it. Someone that has lived for seven decades should understand that by now.

Nah, it’s fine. I don’t fit in here. I don’t want to rock your boat. Carry on I’ll show myself out.

2 Likes

Maybe try telling the whole story. The truth, not your version of the truth.

You asked for opinions on various songs and mixes. I gave mine. You asked for opinions. I do apologize that I didn’t just tell you how great you are. I gave my opinion, and you didn’t want to hear it, even though you asked for it.

Then we talked via private message and from my perspective we ironed out our differences and haven’t said a word to each other since…

Then you had another member attack and harass me on your behalf. They told me I don’t know what I’m talking about so I moved on. Clearly I do. I could out-play and out-mix you in my sleep, but that’s okay. No hard feelings. No big deal. I moved on. I’ve not had any communication with you or participated in your threads ever since.

That’s the actual truth.

I’m not trying to get involved in an argument with anyone. All I’m saying is this a good site that has never been anything but supportive to me.
It’s all words; they can be misconstrued, and a bit of tolerance is required by everyone.
I hope it gets worked out.

Clearly what some of these members want is a little clique echo chamber. They want to retain their status as big fish in a very little pond and not have anyone dare be their own person.

1 Like

Was that really necessary? We had a forum member awhile back. I think he was called " clown penis fart". He was vulgar and used bad language, but he always wanted to help folks. Not once did he say hurtful of nasty things or brag about his talents. He got bounced.
Like I said earlier today “Be nice” Unfortunately, you are not capable of that.

1 Like

Going to echo @bozmillar here: What is wrong with you two? Just stop talking to each other. Don’t comment on one another’s posts. You will clearly never get past your mutual antipathy, and this forum software sadly does not have an /ignore feature, so you have to do the /ignore manually.

I don’t care who started it. I don’t care “but he said this” and “then he said that”, I mean I really don’t, and I’m pretty sure I speak for my fellow mods, although I’m posting this before hearing from them.

And in general, don’t make snark the first resort. antihero, you do tend to do so, and I don’t think it’s too much to ask to dial that back.

But seriously: Just avoid each other, OK? We’ll all be better off for it, including each of you. Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

I’m happy to delete stupid posts as I see them. 90% of the flagged posts I’ve seen have been stupid and I’ve deleted them. But I don’t think we need heavy handed policing for such petty issues. You guys need to figure out how to work it out or just ignore each other.

Antihero seems to get off on being offended, and you are feeding right into it by being offended right back.

2 Likes