I'm a "Regular". Is that like Cheers where everybody knows my name?

I'm a "Regular". Is that like Cheers where everybody knows my name?
0.0 0

I have been quite entertained with all the badges I seem to be acquiring. Each one has its own little niche, and a cute pithy little description to welcome me to the next level (who wrote those?). This new one, “Regular”, seems quite empowering. I like Power. I can do more things, and get even more Power. How exciting is that? BTW - Where is this “private lounge area”? Is there Power there? I’ll also get more likes, which means even more Power. :sunglasses: I’m just trying to get a grasp on how much Power I can actually wield with this newfound badge.
Anyone struggling for a reply, may simply say “Stan, more Power to 'ya”. Nuff said.

This badge is granted when you reach trust level 3. Thanks for being a regular part of our community over a period of months. You’re now one of the most active readers, and a reliable contributor that makes our community great. You can now recategorize and rename topics, take advantage of more powerful spam flags, access a private lounge area, and you’ll also get lots more likes per day.

Congrats, you’re now a man!

If you go to the bottom of the categories on the category page, you’ll see the lounge. We haven’t come with what kind of shenanigans will happen there yet, but that’s where you’ll find it :wink:

Welcome to the club, good buddy!

Well, I already [U]was[/U] a man. :slight_smile: Stan the Man, to be exact. Now, apparently, I’m a man with privileges. Like a NobleMan, or something. Maybe. I’m still trying to figure this out. It’s an identity shift you know. More Power. Absolute Power corrupts absolutely, so I absolutely want more Power! :muscle: And to find this so-called mysterious private lounge area. I’m sure I can get more Power there. I could buy lots of real estate, build buildings, dominate women, maybe even become President of the United States (someday)! Mwahahahahahaha! I could build up the military and cut social spending to phenomenal lows, while bringing peace in the Middle East. Splendid! Make friends with Russia and sing Kumbaya around the Fukushima nuclear meltdown zone. The sky is the limit!

Oh, I’ll think of some. :wink:

Become Bono Vox would be the next step. Everytime he claps his hands a child dies in Africa.

Ah, a man who loves politics as much as I do! Hooray! I do like Bono though, I think he has probably saved a few people along the way, and he’s a pretty good singer and frontman too. April 4 is coming soon.

“Well stop clapping your hands, ya evil fookin’ bastard.” (One of my all time favorite jokes.)

Better than being irregular! :nerd:

I think its just recognition for evacuating your bowels in a timely manner.

The way I see it is there are only two ways to tackle this problem, one being getting involved from the ground floor, then climbing the steps it takes to the upper levels. Sometimes the ground floor has a fancy entrance with a greeter and a water cooler on your way to the elevator. Some people like taking the stairs, but the music over the speakers can only be heard in the lobby.

Congrats Stan,
I also recently made it to become one of the lucky few. Still though, the status of ‘regular’ doesn’t sound quite as exciting as being an ‘astronaut calibre member’ (at Recording Review). I got nowhere near such a mythical status there. This place is a breeze in comparison :sunglasses:

Yeah, we need to have a status/badge naming contest soon!

Lovely thought. :poop:

The really classy places have Muzak in the elevator. :wink:

Ha, thanks! I think that was my RR status: Astronaut-Caliber! I can’t remember for sure, it’s been so long ago. :confounded: Something like 8500+ posts IIRC. Thank you for reminding me that I had to start all over again. :sweat_smile: :wink:

My reply was really trying to invoke Garrw’s spirit, it was not intended to be actual advice. I miss him.

I almost replied that you seemed to be having a garww moment. Haha!