Desktop notifications

Desktop notifications
0.0 0

Trying to get the Desktop notifications on my computer (windows 10). I have checked all the browsers I use and the settings on my computer, but I keep receiving this message:

Permission denied. You denied permission for notifications. Allow notifications via your browser settings.

any advice from the computer nerds around

cheers
Zeek

Did you ever end up finding the setting? I’ve been a Mac guy for a while now, so I’ve been losing touch with Windows settings unfortunately.

I can’t wait until Apple gets rid of the USB port so you need to buy one of their special adapters to plug anything in, just like the headphone jack.

No, I am still at a wit’s end, what is stopping it. I think I will just have to admit defeat and accept it doesn’t work
ha ha ha…life goes on :slight_smile:

Zeek, I’m not clear on what it is you want to be desktop-notified about, and by what-- notified by your browser? Or by Windows itself? Can you elaborate a bit? More info is needed (at least by me)…

It is for my computer and windows 10. I have changed every browser I could find on my computer and I still get this

Ah, I see-- you want notifications from this website. Got it.

FWIW I show the exact same setting but I have no memory of ever setting it one way or another. I just went into my Chrome settings (Settings - Advanced - Content settings - Notifications) and I actually have this site listed in the allow list (it’s the only one there beside the default Google account sites). Yet I never see desktop notifications from here (nor would I want to, I’m a minimalist in that regard, and don’t want anything nagging me about anything). So the site should not say I have permissions denied, yet it does.

So I got nothin’, sorry!

No problems, thanks anyway for the reaction. Have a happy new year