Backroom in Tulsa (miked mix) done!

Bingo. That was very helpful. Now when I go back and read your initial suggestion for Mike, it makes total sense to me. Very cool and very usable. What’s especially helpful is now understanding better the “why” behind those settings.

Thanks for explaining and for the settings and audio examples. :+1:

The “reverb slapback” is cool! Thanks for suggesting that Andrew. That was a new one for me. It feels “smoother” than the typical delayed version.

…And thanks for digging in @Tesgin Tesgin. I don’t think I’d have even tried it if you hadn’t asked Andrew for a further explanation.

This forum rocks.

1 Like

I like the Echo Boy better as well. Only thing is that it really brought out the “esses.” Easily fixed.

Agreed.

So @Lophophora and I are working on our Time in a Bottle collab. I’m redoing my voc verb to try to implement this slapback verb thing. Hoping to repost shortly. Will be eager for your feedback. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The “final” version has been added to the first post. I switched over the to EchoyBoy slapback, did some de-essing on the vocal and the FX, “dirtied” up my “room” verb a little, and highlighted the piano solo with a dB bump. Thanks fellas!